¥9,100 – ¥21,100
Taken in Iwaki, Fukushima Japan. See detailed description below ⬇
(Hit the “Clear” button to see all available items each time)
Taken in Iwaki, Fukushima Japan at an 800 year old Shinto shrine. Image was shot with a Leica M6 35mm camera and 50mm lens using Kodak Tri-X 400 film.
This is not a digital print – both the negative and the print were developed by myself in my darkroom.
Outside of the actual photography, the process of making a print of this quality is somewhat complex and requires skill, knowledge, and time. Some of the steps to produce a silver gelatin print include:
- Enlarge the image from film on an enlarger and expose for the appropriate contrast grade, for the appropriate amount of time.
- Develop, fix, and wash the print for 45 minutes in continuously flowing water to remove all traces of remaining chemistry.
- Dry the print for several days, where it will then curl.
- Press the print flat in a special hot mount press.
The result will be, when made skillfully, a silver gelatin print will last hundreds of years.
Available in the following papers and formats:
- 8 x 10 inch Open Edition – Ilford MATT archival fiber-based photo paper
- 8 x 10 inch Open Edition – Ilford GLOSSY archival fiber-based photo paper
- 9.5 x 12 inch Open Edition – Ilford SEMI-MATT WARMTONE archival fiber-based photo paper
- 11 x 14 inch Open Edition – Ilford GLOSSY WARMTONE archival fiber-based photo paper
- Open edition means there is no fixed number of copies, in contrast with a Limited Edition Print where there are a set number made
- WARMTONE paper delivers rich prints with warm deep blacks and creamy whites
- Each print is signed by the photographer and includes a certificate of authenticity
- Price shown is for the print alone without any matting or frames. If you would like me to matt and frame this in a nice aluminum frame, do contact me!
- Price includes worldwide shipping directly from my darkroom in Japan to your door worldwide (Usually by Japan Post EMS)
8 x 10, 9.5 x 12, 11 x 14
Resin Coated Glossy, Resin Coated Semi-Glossy, Resin Coated Satin, Archival Fiber-Based Matt, Archival Fiber-Based Glossy, Archival Fiber-Based WARMTONE Semi-Matt, Archival Fiber-Based Glossy, Archival Fiber-Based WARMTONE Glossy