$35.00 – $150.00
For price, choose size, paper type, and other options below. For more information on this particular photograph, see detailed description section below.
(Sometimes certain papers won’t often show for certain sizes, and vice versa, and then it can become unclear what’s available. Hit the “Clear” button to see all available items again)
Taken in Iwaki, Fukushima Japan at an 800 year old Shinto shrine. Image was shot with a Leica M6 35mm camera and 50mm lens using Kodak Tri-X 400 film.
This is not a digital print – both the negative and the print were developed by myself in my darkroom.
Outside of the actual photography, the process of making a print of this quality is somewhat complex and requires skill, knowledge, and time. Some of the steps to produce a silver gelatin print include:
- Enlarge the image from film on an enlarger and expose for the appropriate contrast grade, for the appropriate amount of time.
- Develop, fix, and wash the print for 45 minutes in continuously flowing water to remove all traces of remaining chemistry.
- Dry the print for several days, where it will then curl.
- Press the print flat in a special hot mount press.
The result will be, when made skillfully, a silver gelatin print will last hundreds of years.
Available in the following papers and formats:
- 8 x 10 inch Open Edition – Ilford SEMI-GLOSS resin coated photo paper
- 8 x 10 inch Open Edition – Ilford GLOSSY archival fiber-based photo paper
- 8 x 10 inch Open Edition – Ilford MATT archival fiber-based photo paper
- 9.5 x 12 inch Open Edition – Ilford SEMI-MATT WARMTONE archival fiber-based photo paper
- 11 x 14 inch Open Edition – Ilford SEMI-GLOSS resin coated photo paper
- 11 x 14 inch Open Edition – Ilford SEMI-MATT resin coated photo paper
- 11 x 14 inch Open Edition – Ilford GLOSSY WARMTONE archival fiber-based photo paper
- Open edition means there is no fixed number of copies, in contrast with a Limited Edition Print where there are a set number made
- WARMTONE paper delivers rich prints with warm deep blacks and creamy whites
- Each print is signed by the photographer
- Price shown is for the print alone without any matting or frames
- Price includes worldwide shipping
- Shipped directly from my darkroom in Japan to your door worldwide directly from my darkroom in Japan to your door worldwide
8 x 10, 9.25 x 12, 11 x 14
Resin Coated Glossy, Resin Coated Semi-Glossy, Resin Coated Satin, Archival Fiber-Based Matt, Archival Fiber-Based Glossy, Archival Fiber-Based WARMTONE Semi-Matt, Archival Fiber-Based Glossy, Archival Fiber-Based WARMTONE Glossy